The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon England Brooklands Exhaust Manifold
Hi, Would anyone have the measurements for a Brooklands exhaust manifold please? Many thanks, Simon
The original GE Brooklands manifold was of 'torpedo' style with the exhaust pipe attached by a large brass nut of a type used in period for central heating pipework, presumably a BSP fitting.   I doubt if any original manifold has survived so any dimensions you are given could be misleading.   I would start by getting the exhaust pipe diameter and obtaining suitable BSP fittings.  The length of the 'torpedo' could be scaled quite accurately from period photos, especially as any photo will also show a 19" diameter wheel.  The pipes from the ports to the torpedo are probably parallel rather than tapered, whether there were originally three or four I don't know but would guess three like the Ulster exhaust with a shared pipe for cylinders 2  and 3.
The owner of 'Slippery Anne' may be able to help?
Thanks Malcolm, my friend has the car coming to him before setting off for the centenary celebrations. He's just concerned that he will not have much time to make it, and wondered if any measurements were available. I k ow it was a long shot, but he's a good guy and I've tried. Cheers, Simon
a dutch guy called Bas De Voogd recreated a GE Brooklands some years ago This is the link to his pages http://www.basdevoogd.nl/austin_seven_go...d_broo.htm
Perhaps he can help you with drawings of the exhaust. Cheers and god's speed luck. Michael
Hi, I can send you an actual- size line drawing of the later Brooklands manifold if you send me your address . Regards,
Tom A
Thanks Tom, That would be fantastic! My email address is

simonjnorth@hotmail.co.uk

All the very best, Simon