The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An "interesting" boat-tail two-seater....
I wonder if it actually sold.
(27-06-2022, 08:51 PM)frequentflyer Wrote: I wonder if it actually sold.

Evidently not - it's back on Car & Classic for £9,995...
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
that is one interpretation
The advert above it is the real deal OV 1397
Agreed, although there's something strange about OV's headlamps, they seem to be set a couple of inches too high.
hi mike,

the headlamps situation is easy. and a stoopid one for people to pick up on.

all the cars wings are original, with holes in the correct position.

the wings are bolted to the stays in three places.

if you fit the headlamp brackets to the lower and middle holes, it brings the headlamps close enough to the bonet, that you know you are going to keep catching the bonet and scratch or chip the paint.

so you mount the lamps on the middle and top hole. the lamps are then a bit higher. but further away from the bonet.

and then you dont keep damaging things.

tony.
Well said Tony, I’m getting a bit fed up of folk going on about the lamps. It’s a lovely car the real Pukka deal and if anyone is lucky enough to end up with it well you know as well as I do that it will want for nothing. I wish all we had to worry about was the lamps with our cars!
I hold my hand up to thinking the same as Mike, because it is unusual and stands out. The, now explained, reason makes sense and the new owner can choose to keep them that way or easily return them to a less startled position.

The car is very well restored by all accounts.
I've never had a problem with chipped paint when the lamps are in the correct position, but thanks for the explanation - I assumed the lamp brackets were wrong.
thanks R,

most wont realise how good OV 1397 is because they dont know who the owner is.

i dont mind pointing out, the owner is wayne rushin.

if people still dont know, wayne traded in the austin 7 world at MIDSHIRE sevens, and before that was in joint business with myself. when we traded as CENTRAL 7s. most of his working life was spent in engineering.

the boattail was given a full nut and bolt restoration 25 years ago. it was used often at first, then very little since. the car has been beautifully maintained since. and looks excellent.

a gem for anyone to own.

if anyone wants to get in touch with the owner, just email me tony.7ca@aol.co.uk

thanks tony