The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel covers
(11-05-2022, 08:24 AM)Andy Bennett Wrote: Whilst a bit of a faff we have a member who swears by 2 balloons. They flap around at speed creating that visual 'what is it' but don't distract from the indicators when turning. Not much good at night though.

I recall following (the late) Mike and Penny Aplin on the 2012 Eurotour to Interlaken who used this approach. I must admit, it was particularly effective...
We have been out like this 

.jpeg   33C351BC-3D42-4F67-961A-71B535ED78E9.jpeg (Size: 562.98 KB / Downloads: 136)
Before the light board evolved after I had two instances of tyre squeal behind me, once on stopping on an amber traffic light and once slowing for a speed hump and both cars were Police cars and I was in a cable braked Seven. Finally I was nearly squashed by an HGV whilst stopped at a pelican crossing with the pedestrian in front of me that was when I realized my rear lights were woefully low at 13.5" above the ground and the HGV drivers eyes were 12' above the ground.and the reflective triangle had faded and was no no longer reflective. The light board was made to FIVA's recommendations and since fitting such near misses are a thing of the past with HGV's pulling out to pass way back. The two photos are of a Seven with and without light board taken at 50 yards from a modern with it's headlights on.         
Wink 
I've found that one of these magnetic signs stating the bleeding obvious does work and it's removable so does not detract from the car.

eBay item number:282735979803
If anyone has an old wheel cover i would be interested in buying it to use as a pattern