The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visiting the Cotswolds. Any recommendations?
Hi,

In a couple of weeks time we have a week away booked to the Cotswolds.

Any suggestions about good places to visit within say a 30 mile radius of Stow-on-the-Wold.

My wife isn't into cars at all and also has some mobility issues so I'm not really looking for automotive related attractions or anything that requires lots of walking.

John.
Hi

We liked Chedworth Roman Villa (National Trust), about 13 miles to the South-West

Plenty of interest within a compact site, with some of it under cover.
The Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway. Park at the station at Broadway and go on the full journey to Cheltenham Racecourse and back. You can get off at the various stations on the way or not as you choose. Toddington Station has a lot to see and a nice cafe as well. The Farm Shop at Teddington Hands might not be the cheapest but it does sell some exceptional produce if you decide to treat yourselves. The pub across the road isn't too shabby either!! Tewksbury is a nice place to look around with no hills in the centre and it's quite compact. Winchcombe similarly but parking can be a problem. The market (on Tuesdays??) at Morton in Marsh worth a look round and you can suss out the Fire College ready for July.

Steve
I was impressed by the Museum in Bourton on the Water...looks tiny but a bit of a Tardis!
John P.

The official Cotswold Tourist Information website will give you everything you want.
Lovely part of the country, but it can get busy at times and in certain places.