The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loctite advice needed
Hi

I have noticed with some plugs that the terminal is not quite threaded all the way down. You tighten the knurled nut but it stops at the end of the threaded part, leaving the spade terminal not as tight as it could be.

My solution is to add a plain washer about 40 thou thick, plus a crinkle washer to resist vibration
I've also found I've needed to increase the amount of countersink in the brass knurled nuts to allow sufficient tightening.
There are 3 different threads used on spark plug terminals.  BA,  UNC  and Metric
(06-04-2022, 10:45 AM)Steve kay Wrote: Certainly not laughing, taking this very seriously. Could you please illustrate the font?
Hey Steve, regrettably I am unable to oblige. I really was going to swap them to the new leads I made up because-why not? Unfortunately they seem to be AWOL at present. I doubt I've biffed them-my family would tell you that is extremely unlikely- I've even looked in the pockets of all my anoraks.... Big Grin