The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bonnet rubber
I am going to buy some new rubber for the bonnet seal. I was wondering what kind do I get? I am buying from the Austin Seven Workshop. is the BO19OA the correct one?
The Seven Workshop will supply the correct one you require.
I can't speak directly to a '29 AD Tourer. However, last year I was able to confirm that the rear bonnet rubber on EA Sports was a different pattern on the scuttle than on the rad cowl. It appears that Austin only used it for a short time. The main difference is that the staples fit into a notch at the rear of the rubber, presumably to eliminate chaffing between the tops of the staples and the bonnet underside. The Edgware part number for the correct rubber trim at the bonnet(at least for Ulsters and maybe others) is 369. https://www.rubbertrim.co.uk/?s=369

A caveat in all this is that I am a bit of a rivet counter. At the same time I appreciate the details that the Works were concerned with. The trim #369 does fit well and is correct, at least, for Ulsters and a few other models in the same period. Why they didn't use the same on the cowl, I can't explain.

Erich in Mukilteo