The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby gasket
Need to buy nose cone gasket for my Ruby.
But can’t see one listed on the seven workshop.
Anyone know a supplier ?
Regards
            Tim
David has them. Part BA120

https://www.a7c.co.uk/
Regards Bryan
Find some stiff card and cut your own. Cereal box
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Does that actually work? Does the card need to be soaked in oil, thuogh probably not marinated in olive oil?
Hi Tim and Steve

Gasket paper is available cheaply and is easy to cut with scissors and a punch.  Marking out can be tricky but I “blue” the component face then press onto the paper for a good imprint.

No need to soak but I do smear the lightest layer of Hylomar on both sides of a joint like this.

Be careful though some joints are gasket thickness sensitive and the dynamo housing to crankcase is one of them.  Too thick a gasket can increase the backlash on the dynamo gear, too little and it will mesh too tightly. 

I don’t think the nose cone is thickness sensitive.

Cheers

Howard
(13-03-2022, 09:01 AM)Steve kay Wrote: Does that actually work? 

Yup. I've heen doing it 25 years. 3rd generation in our family to do it. 

Works great
Howard, for the April Club Night, I will demonstrate the practice of making gasgets using a steel ball bearing and a "toffee hamer". No scisors need.
Perhaps someone will record it on their phone, and we can add it to SWA7C web page.
John
(13-03-2022, 11:57 AM)john williams Wrote: Howard, for the April Club Night, I will demonstrate the practice of making gasgets using a steel ball bearing and a "toffee hamer". No scisors need.
Perhaps someone will record it on their phone, and we can add it to SWA7C web page.
John

Hi John

Good idea, Thanks

Cheers

Howard
Many thanks for the replies and useful tips.
Going to order one on Monday
Regards
Tim
I’ve taken the ball bearing thing one step further, I welded one to the end of an old punch. I punch my first hole and drop an appropriate bolt in the hole, do the second , then small hammer tapped around the item to mark the edges in and out. Finish with scissors. By the way, I have an old photo album that supplies lovely paper for gaskets. Seal with Hylomar
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.