The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a van or vintage saloon to restore?
Still they turn up:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325093495433?...nl%3Dmkcid

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325093484393?...nl%3Dmkcid

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They still turn up... fascinating pictures.

Place these on the field at Moreton-in-Marsh as is - and watch the crowds gather?
I’d have either of them(or both)!
(11-03-2022, 12:03 AM)Colin Morgan Wrote: Place these on the field at Moreton-in-Marsh as is - and watch the crowds gather?

It is interesting to think what it is that governs this interest. I must admit I looked at both sets of photos and could see that there wasn't a sign of anything for the cloth research, but what is it that captures our minds? I can't work out if it is ego - the theoretical planning of how we personally would get it back into shape, or a mothering instinct (ditto), or of course it could be a source of work interest. Or is that we can compare and thus realise just how far we have come with our own hard won project?

A bit like having jobs, kids or animals, having such low-level totally-occupying projects does stop you having to concentrate on what we are all here for.
Ah Jon, should I be wracked with existential angst, or should I just make the phone call to a cherished supplier when I reckon they have finished their breakfast, and then dash through the rain to the workshop. Perhaps Schopenhauer would have said, I will resume lecturing on philosophy in August, but now pass me that spanner as I have to get the Dixi ready for Moreton.
the van, i particuall y interesting.

probably supplied with one seat, then another fitted latter? when fitted with two seats, the passenger often a fold forward for extra long items.

also the 2 gallon can fitted under the bonet, love it.

if i wasnt selling to make some room, it would look lovely and would be more than welcome at my place.

tony
The second seat in the van looks exactly like the one in my old van - the backrest folds forward, and the whole seat just sat in a timber tray which replaced the usual car seat.
What I like is how everything looks as nature and entropy take over - the weather-worn surfaces that are reminiscent of natural features - rocky crags, shorelines, even a coral reef - with their fractal nature and new colours in the on-going decay.  There is a beauty in the distressed, and the original shapes and surfaces of the design - which we know so well - facilitate an appreciation of this particular kind of slow destruction?  Other details show how multiple owners have fought for decades to keep the vehicles useful, and many revealing details have appeared as things fall apart. 

Why this can be more appealing - at least to look at - than a Concours car is a mystery, like so much in life?
(11-03-2022, 10:38 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: The second seat in the van looks exactly like the one in my old van - the backrest folds forward, and the whole seat just sat in a timber tray which replaced the usual car seat.

hi mike,

i cant remember them being pointed backed.

the ones ive seen are flat topped, and not as tall as the drivers. and yes they fold flat for extra storage.

although both i recall were in 1934 cars, with the oblong dash that took the earlier gauges.

were as this one is suggested 1935 onwards, with a standard dash.

tony.
Mine was a 1937 AVJ, basically the same as this one, and yes, the backrest was a vey pointed shape like this.