The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive your Austin 7 Correctly
No Andrew, that's a modern repro!
Today is the first Saturday of the month but I won't be going to the PunchBowl ion Marton-cum-Grafton as we have another appointment. 
Pity that they were out with the salt/grit last night  ( just after 36 hours of rain washing way the last lot) as it puts the kibosh on driving either correctly or incorrectly...
(04-03-2022, 11:10 PM)Steve kay Wrote: Watching Mr Jones put a competition car up a hill is often exciting. Seeing him put a bog standard Chummy along a public road at 70 mph would be pretty hair raising.

I think Steve was probably in his Ulster when he was out the other day.   I have been in his former trials Chummy on the road section of the VSCC Welsh trial when the speedo went off the scale at over 60mph and that was an accurate instrument.   I have never had my hair raised whilst passengering Steve on events, mainly due to the fact that I am as bald as a coot!
Perhaps the most alarming incident happened when we were doing the road section of the Welsh trial one year.  Starting off at 7.00am on a cold foggy morning, we stopped after half an hour at a small garage to buy something with a receipt which you needed as proof of your route, which would be verified back at the VSCC event HQ in Presteigne, using an old map on a board and a piece of sting.   We bought two large sausage rolls which were red hot, having probably been in the oven keeping warm for the last week or so.    Returning to the Chummy we set off and decided to eat the sausage rolls on the move so as to save time.   On biting into them they exploded into a cloud of fine greasy puff pastry which very nearly caused us to crash.  The trials car that was following us got covered in flakes of pastry and Steve was still finding bits in the Chummy several years later.
Then there was the pork pie from the butchers in Ledbury, made with Gloucester Old Spot rare breed pig.  Having looked forward to having this for his lunch on the Herefordshire Trial, Steve bit into it and left one of his teeth embedded in it.
I suppose that was preferable to finding one of the pigs gnashers in your pork pie.
Phew Malcolm, some of us Ruby ramblers will decide to keep eating lentils! Although as a generous veggie, I have been involved with event organisation the routes of which allowed carnivores to buy pork pies from Reg Mays in Ditton Priors.
Aye, the only bits of pig that are wasted are the tail and the squeal!
From the slice of dead pigs bum in your sandwich to the unknowable MRM (mechanically recovered "meat") in the pie and sausage, people tell me it tastes great but I'll stick to veggies with Steve, ta very much.
(05-03-2022, 08:59 AM)Greig Smith Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 09:07 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: at some point, ill have to stop sorting out parts for customers cars, and sort my own out.
tony.

A huge shout out to Tony Betts at 7 County Austins for processing & shipping my order within a few days, the box arrived in the Antipodes yesterday, halfway round the world. Now we can get stuck in & sort our 7's out so we can drive them properly at the hill climb in May.

Thanks again Tony !!!

Aye
Greig

thank you for the support and the kind words.

i hope to start sorting my cars out next week if there a bit of warm wheather.

tony
Link to the full brochure? Smile Smile
If L V E Smith's advice is anything like Nicholson, could be a fascinating read.
just bought a copy. Thank you for sharing.