The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Austrialian-bodied "Doctor's Coupe Convertible"?
Put up by Helmut on Facebook:

Attached Files
.jpg   Australian.jpg (Size: 74.18 KB / Downloads: 541)
Sweet
I'll second that.

It would be nice to see how it looks with the hood down.

May be awkward on that shape of boot, unless removed altogether.

Tony.
This is a Holden-bodied version, similar but not identical:

.jpg   1926 Holden 01.jpg (Size: 235.04 KB / Downloads: 376)
thanks mike,

that makes a bit more sense.

the main hoop, folds forward before folding back.

which probably shortens the length of the hood by 6 or 7 inches.

must admit it would have looked funny if it extended another 7 inches. if you see what i mean.

tony.
Tony, the alternative way is to have the hinge-point of the front bow 'detachable' so that the hood doesn't extend too far back: 

As far as I know all these Coupes were built by Holden Motor Body Works in Adelaide- the first picture shows an early headlamp on scuttle model, the second a later 1929 front headlamp model.
Hi Tony, I'm pretty sure the second illustration is not of a 1929 version, unless they re-bodied earlier cars. This car has 6" brakes, early steering wheel and small headlamps suggesting 1926 at the latest.
Could someone enlighten me as to the origin of the name "Doctor's Coupé" please? Which (or Witch?) Doctor? A particular Dr. or just any old GP?
Or was it so they could avoid/encourage passenger(s)? Where did the little black bag go?
You are right of course- I didn't look properly- and it has a vertical one piece screen unlike most Holden bodied Chummys ?

I know that at least  two 1928 Holden bodied Chummys were fitted with a conversion to front headlamps with a locally? made pair of brackets, leaving the screen lamp mounts on the windscreen brackets.