The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non Austin Hillman Minx 1932
A like minded friend has saved a complete 1932 Hillman saloon from going to the scrap.  He hates to see such a complete car being scrapped.  It is complete but body may be too far gone to restore.....tourer body put on instead?   could be a source for many difficult parts (e.g. locking door handles).   Has log book.  Whilst being a vey good craftsman he is just too busy to work on this as it would not be an economical feasibility for him.  Currently working on customer's 1930s Rolls Royce saloon fastidiously getting the door shuts just right.
Hopefully he is going to be making me some new doors that actually fit my Nippy (he has wheeling machine and an alloy skin would be somewhat lighter?).  Current wood framed and steel skin door with inner door card is 6Kg.  I had hoped for an alloy frame.

Dennis
Dennis - I have sent you a PM. Nick
Gosh you were quick Nick, it's right up my alley that one!
Duncan Grimmond
I have passed the telephone number of John Beckley, where the car is, on to Nick S

Dennis