The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for info on a 50’s special … Arrow???
Notice also fixings on top of the doors for side screens
Tops of rear wing panels on Series I & II Morris 8 Tourers also have this 'push in peg' design of side screen fixing, but not the doors.
(15-02-2022, 10:30 AM)Belinni Wrote: Chassis number as per register 93759.

So its an A9 and on the Gaydon ledgers - get a heritage certificate if you want to know what it once was. Or individual bits of information are about 8 quid each.
The lower photo is a LWB Arrow - the rear of your door is very similar, I note the scuttle on your car has been cut and wonder if the front of the door may have had similar treatment to make it fit a SWB chassis?

.jpeg   059AA01D-E733-49E2-A711-33D291767194.jpeg (Size: 684.43 KB / Downloads: 309)

.jpeg   4BC010BE-5CC4-4606-A8FD-136FA4CB23EE.jpeg (Size: 230.3 KB / Downloads: 309)
I previously looked at this pic of an arrow, which is more similar to what we have. I wondered if it had lost its top moulding? I think I need to send pics to the Arrow owners club and see what they say.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is no owners club but Jim Blacklock currently oversees the Arrow Register.

It may also be worth contacting A7CA Sec. Paul Lawrence who owns what I think is an original SWB Arrow, this may be of use in comparing what you have.
Sorry it was the register that I was referring to. Is it still a7arrowreg@tesco.net?

New email found and message sent
Last email Arrow register Jim sent me was from a gmail account - Ive PM'd you the email address.
Belinni - are you now thinking that its possible the body and chassis could have been together from day 1, or is it obvious that there is some shortening from a later body? It is also possible that one of the Arrow people might have already scrutinised the ledgers.

I can't remember seeing any reference to Arrow coachbuilders (I wasn't looking..) but I'd be interested to know from other Arrows with certificates as to what the listing gave please?
There are a lot of Arrow features on this body, firewall/bulkhead look typical of those I have seen, I would suggest a fair probability that although some things may have been changed over the years it could easily be an Arrow.
Black Art Enthusiast