The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New event in Ireland for all types of pre 1940 vehicles
Hi All

I’ve just received this from the Historic Racing Car Association of Ireland

.pdf   Invitation HRCA GB.pdf (Size: 34.16 KB / Downloads: 78)

Sounds like the making of a very good event.

Get in touch with John Stanley. 1903gordonbennett@mail.com if you are interested.

Cheers

Howard
That sounds interesting but there are no downloads, only an introductory page???
Hi Duncan

That is all I got. Contact John Stanley for more info.

I think the event could be better advertised as a “Gordon Bennet Revival” but I’m not the organiser.

Cheers

Howard
Hmm..the introductory page has some interesting “historical” bits. Evidently the organisers don’t have William Court or Henry Serrano Villard to hand, to name the first two volumes I see on my shelves.
There was an attempt to revive the GB Trophy(?) route a few years back but whether it came to anything I don't know.
I was thinking of going but something else came up.
IIRC there is an interesting 30-40minute compilation film of one or two of the historical events which I enjoyed some time ago but, on investigating a visit I seem to recall that ferry charges were more than I wanted to pay when there was a good chance of being half-drowned in an open top car on landing in Dublin!
I went for work several times on a motorcycle and was mostly lucky with the weather but the two times I went in a car it rained constantly...