The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wroughton chassis - has anyone seen it?
The Science Museum items have been discussed re. the Centenary cttee.
But has anyone on here ever seen it anywhere, or perhaps even photographed it on a Collection openday in times past?

It seems that this is a different chassis from the one pictured in the Williams book. Did that survive or get used for a car in the 1970s.
If there is anyone reading this that can't communicate on the forum and has information, would you email someone you know who could add something to the thread!
I've probably seen it from a distance. Didn't bother looking TBH as there was much more interestig stuff to look at.
The MOD cars, still in their packing crates, hold more interest for an intensive exposé and mine of originality, surely?
didnt see them.
(17-01-2022, 09:02 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The MOD cars, still in their packing crates, hold more interest for an intensive exposé and mine of originality, surely?

Didnt even know about them! What else IS there that links to Sevens? More?

And thus, wouldnt a centenary trip to do all of it, pre-arranged, be worthwhile?? They can't fight off people wishing to see the things on their soil.
They are MOD not Science Museum.
so where might they sit? Did David Morgan ever gain access to them for his researches?
With the MOD.
I think Phil Baildon, A7CA previous Archivist, has seen it years ago.
Ruairidh is right re. time and effort - MOD surely is the way to go for the real reward. i.e. Pointless doing anything until the new store facility opens in 2024 (Tom's comments on Facebook) or whenever it may be... for 'just' a chassis, even if it is unrestored. Especially if it's going to come into more easy view then.