The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DASH CAM
I'm thinking of fitting a Dash cam , I'm running 12 volts so should have no problems , but what to buy?  What have others used and can recommend. What to avoid and are there any interference issues.
I have a garmin dashcam 55. It works nicely and has either wifi to the mobile or you can use the screen. It also has a gps and can pick up speed cameras from a database if you keep it up to date.
I work for a company that sells dash cams. I wouldnt recommend ours but Nextbase an Garmin mentioned above are good options.
Stuart Bullen
I have a spare Nextbase you can borrow Pete to try it out.
i bought a Nextbase from Aldi a few months back for £30, very pleased.
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I have Nextbase, it has been replaced three times due to faults, on my fourth, if they work they are ok, if they don't, send it back for replacement, I bought mine from Amazon and returns are easy, current one has been fine for about 2 years now. Was getting a bit fed up keep having to send it back, they are unreliable and my advice is to get it from a retailer that will honour warranty (Argos are also good in that respect).
I don't have a Dash Cam, however Which? magazine recommends a range of nine Nextbase models at various price points as being best buys - the top three models in ascending order are the Nextbase 522GW, 622GW and 422GW. A range of models from Mio MiVue, Viofo and Vantrue are also considered best buys. Which? membership allows you to view online their full expert reviews on 90 Dash Cam models.
Dashcam? Dashcam? All you need is a headlight....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)