The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunroof clamp rail
Hello people 
Could anyone help with the dimensions of a sunroof rail for my Ruby.
Also which metal would be best suited to make one myself ?
For some reason I was looking for aluminium ?
Regards to all
                   Tim

Just to clarify it’s the clamping rail I need
I think , I think that it was chromium plated brass. If memory serves me it was cast but I’m sure that one could be made of brass angle . 3/4”. Hope this helps
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Tim, when the sun comes up and the frost has thawed I will happily go out and measure and photograph Ruby sunroof details. Exactly which bit do you want to know about?
Actually it may have Mazak or as the yanks call I Kazam
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
The originals were chrome-plated cast brass. Austin Reproduction Parts make an equivalent in stainless steel, although it's not an exact replica.
My Big 7 has a Mazak clamping rail
Willie Mckenzie makes them.
(03-11-2021, 08:34 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Actually it may have Mazak or as the yanks call I Kazam

Or Zamac
(03-11-2021, 09:12 AM)Martin Prior Wrote: The originals were chrome-plated cast brass.  Austin Reproduction Parts make an equivalent in stainless steel, although it's not an exact replica.

Early ones may have been brass, all the later RP saloons, ARQ, ARR Rubies and the CRW Big Seven that I have owned have has cast Mazak rails. They break with monotonous regularity.  Sad
My RP has a Mazak rail.