The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill Climb Special
It does, doesn't it? No, the brakes are lousy, but the compressions are good, so holding it in first should do the job ...
I can recall from my observations from the back seat of the Seven around 1950 one or two main road locations which were signposted downhill "Engage Low Gear". My father was very considerate of the mechanism and on one straightened very steep pinch where the origianl metal road remained as a loop, he always chose that for the climb when fully laden.
The real dam; the Hoover:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Why did they name a dam after a vacuum cleaner?
Alan Fairless
(03-11-2021, 10:24 PM)Dave Mann Wrote: That looks like Mike's car, I hope he has good brakes.
It is! Taken from a 1930 Olympia Motor Show advertisement.
The driver at the bottom is paused checking the price of fabric universals on the Net before ascending, or trying to. Incidentally is gradient expressed as horizontal or slope distance? I  guess  % resolves any confusion. My own quite long driveway is 5 horiz : 1, quite steep but not difficult for any vehicle except vans reversing in the wet.. When I first rode a pushbike down it I felt like a pilot at Midway.
It's nowt compared to the climb from Scammonden dam!
It occurred to me to look up Baldwin St in Dunedin. 1 in 2.86 horiz max! I gather the Vintage Austin Register has run Sevens up it. How they turn or whether reverse down I dunno. Hopefully someone from from there will comment.
There is a very disturbing driveway  2 miles from me. Ends in a little platform and from the road only the sea  beyond and far below is visible. I will check with my level.