The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven going swimmingly well
Lost summers....click the image for a higher-resolution picture that prints out rather well at A3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Imagine the furore if a car was advertised like that these days.!
I’ll say, a car so close to a swimming pool without a railing!!! Shock, horror…
The man's trunks seem missing the then obligatory front panel. A far cry from the budgie smugglers of today (I trust that gloriously Oz expression is familiar in UK)
The pool is fed by a privatised water company. Don’t jump in!
(27-10-2021, 03:27 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: The man's trunks seem missing the then obligatory front panel. A far cry from the budgie smugglers of today (I trust that gloriously Oz expression is familiar in UK)

Judging by the lady's expression to his left, she seems well impressed....
Hi Tony
I did have some captions on that basis but thought better of.
I realise that although less fish with big teeth, the UK is nevertheless not so conducive to bathing as Oz. Is the term budgie smugglers in general use in UK or is it more exclsusivel the domain of coarse colonials? One of the Aussie PMs was renownend for wearing.
Curious as to what the road test analysis covered. The 1937 Seven may have fared resoanbly but words were very guared for previous, and brakes often discreetly not mentioned
(28-10-2021, 09:36 AM)Bob Culver Wrote:  Is the term budgie smugglers in general use in UK

I've never heard that expression before, but I'm ooop north in Yorkshire.
In the cold North Yorkshire Climate your budgie would be frozen, not smuggled!
(26-10-2021, 11:06 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: I’ll say, a car so close to a swimming pool without  a railing!!! Shock, horror…

Keith Moon's first car? (and pool to drive it in?)  Tongue