The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wiper motor year
I am working with Robert Leigh about getting a wiper motor. I was just wondering what vacuum wiper motor looks like for a 1929 model?
Have a look at your own thread "wiper wonder" here:

wiper wonder (austinsevenfriends.co.uk)

You will see an illustrated discussion on vacuum wipers showing you the various types.
thanks. I wouldn't think to use my own research.

looking at how to install the wiper. it says that i will have to drill holes on my windshield frame? that doesnt seem right to me because i dont have those extra holes.
Windscreen frames made before the Autumn (Fall) of 1926 didn't have any wiper fitted, so, unless modified in later years, won't have any holes. From car number A3-5345 (October 1926), wipers were fitted at the factory, in this case there should be three holes in the cross tube above the windscreen frame, two smaller ones on the outside and a larger, centre hole.

If you don't have the holes and you want to fit a wiper, you'll have to drill them accurately.
Today I've been out instructing a friend in the delights of Austin Seven driving. It's 1929 with a 3-speed, reverse gate, crash box.
It's raining hard but there was no need to used the wiper. The windscreen is treated with Rainex. The treatment causes the water to form into balls and run off.
It has the secondary advantage that the passenger can also see where we're going.
Jim