The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric charging points for the centenary Event
Are there any Electricity charging points for those who will be bringing their A7 on trailers  who have only got Electric modern cars  
Harry
I was under the impression that you are not allowed to tow using an electric car in the UK ?
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Are there any petrol bowsers for those bringing old technology cars  Big Grin
I can see a demand for an Austin Seven Generator set being on site.

I want an electric car with a trailer mounted gas turbine gen set range extender !!!
See this: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tips-advic...hybrid-car On the other hand, as it's impossible to put out the battery fire on an electric car, if this should happen, the fire-training people will be on hand to demonstrate the fact.
(14-10-2021, 09:42 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: I was under the impression that you are not allowed to tow using an electric car in the UK ?

Hi Derek

I’ve looked into this and there are quite a few electric cars that can tow quite high loads. The Prius that has been around for ages has a 750 kg tow capacity. The new Citroen/Peugeot medium vans can tow 1000kg. Both these would easily pull my RK on the trailer I have. What Harry is questioning is sensible as the range over which these vehicles can tow is never quoted but is likely to be quite low and recharging becomes important.

Cheers

Howard
I'm sure an important part of owning an electric car is the ability to find charging points when away from home. It appears there is a charging point in Moreton in Marsh from my 1 minute of research this morning.
What about electric Sevens? There are two around me.
I think that it is not that you can't tow with an electric car but that you cannot tow an electric car except on a full trailer.
It would seem that although electric cars may be physically capable of towing, most on the UK market are not homologated for towing and it is therefore illegal to tow with one!