The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head light reflectors availability
Hi does anybody have any leads for supplying LB 130 head light reflectors (Mk1 Ruby 1935) ? I have tried all the suppliers but nobody has any stock, is there another reflector that will fit ? also I would like some side lights 

Cheers
Mike
for a vintage special I've bought some of these (when on special offer - they seem to have gone up) - flat glass and reflector: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144112305168

These also fit very well if you have a later car with domed glass...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143361336850?
I also have a Mk1 Ruby and I bought from eBay some silvered plastic sheets (looks like the inside of Walkers crisp packets.) that are sticky backed. I carefully cut into strips and covered the reflector with it. When the glass is in place looks as good as new. It was not expensive either.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I used 1950s type 7" bulbed headlights. Then cut the reflector around the edge with a grinder, dispensed with the later glass lenses, and glued the reflectors to the back of the Ruby glasses.
Well, two reply's from two John's, one from Nottingham where I know live and one from north Yorkshire where I was brought up !

Thanks all for the leads and Ideas, I have the correct headlight lens and chrome rims, it is just the reflector parts I need, the ones on eBay look like they will fit but I will have to grind out the lens as suggested

Many thanks for the time to reply

Best regards

Mike
You could try Stuart Joseph, a regular user of this site who does all things to do with lamps.
(02-10-2021, 10:35 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: You could try Stuart Joseph, a regular user of this site who does all things to do with lamps.

+1 for Stuart.

Cheers

Howard
Good morning Cap'n. I have refurbished sidelights available (re-plated, rewired and correct glass). Reflectors are difficult - email me at stuart.joseph@btinternet.com.

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire.
My memory might be failing me, but wasn’t there a Honda motorcycle headlamp reflector that was an easy swap?
That’s the one we can’t get ☹️