The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
blowing head gasket
A little story, I had with a customer last week.

He was having a similar sealing problem.

Came round in person, as he wanted my opinion on his cylinder head.

It had been milled, but well done. And in one cut.

He pointed out it was flat, as the lip on the gasket had left a print on the surface. But when I looked closer. I pointed out the print around the centre stud to the cylinder he was having problems with leaking wasnt as prominent as everywhere else. Basically because the surface had rested when it cooled down. So the pressure wasnt the same in that area.

The waterway had expanded quite a bit as well, so it could then breach to gasket lip.

If the gasket was turned upside down, (well upside down to me) the water would probably seal.

But if surface was ground properly, a definite seal.

It was left to him which way he went.

I have probably the best and cheapest head gaskets on the market place at £26.00 shameless plug, BUT (and I really shouldn't say this because I would like to keep selling them) people would save even more money with a good surface grind at say £40 to £50 for the head, and same for top and bottom of the block. That's the price of 2 head gaskets for each job?

Tony.
thanks Tony, much appreciated
Steve & Tate Davidson
Perpetual Amateur Austineers