The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden memories

Hazel, my eldest, on her marraige to Matt with my '28 Chummy as the wedding car. The car for my first marraige was a Lotus S4 Elan...so sort of Seven derived!

As an aside, they recently bought one of the new Land Rover Defender models. Last week, with 14K miles on the clock, it broke its cam belt, trashing the engine!!
(18-09-2021, 10:09 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: As an aside, they recently bought one of the new Land Rover Defender models. Last week, with 14K miles on the clock, it broke its cam belt, trashing the engine!!

Wat's the betting that LR saved a few pennies by sourcing the belt from China? My Mk.2 Discovery broke a cam belt (the garage had failed to change it at a service) but all that happened was a couple of bent push rods. With direct-action overhead cams popping the vales opened and closed when the belt lets go -  mechanical marmalade.
How time passes, Chris. I remember Hazel as a young racer in Caterhams. Seems no time ago but it's obviously not. Very best wishes to her.

Steve
Thank you Steve, I will certainly do. She still has the Caterham... one lady owner from new!
This weekend i had to miss out on the Bert Hadley round at nearby Harewood Hillclimb as I had to attend the wedding of my partners middle daughter Donna to Chelcey.  The wedding was in Northumberland near the coast, one of my favourite areas.   As you can see from the photo, it was an interesting 'do' with plenty to keep me amused!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)