The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat tyre repair - Oxygen Theif!
Just saw this on a BMX page on Facebook, and thought it was a really simple idea, and it would be a great space saving alternative to a foot pump! Simply hook it upto your own wheels, or that of  another car! Go from having one flat tyre to two! 

https://www.sourcebmx.com/products/sourc...rrency=gbp
Is that somehow easier than a bicycle pump?  Big Grin
Hmmmmm.

If you get back to your car and it has a flat tyre you now know what’s happened.  The clue is in the title!

Cheers

Howard
Tremendous! Big Grin Big Grin
Does anybody remember the inflate your tyre from your engine kit. Sold in the 50s and 60s. It was a flexible pipe one end had the attachment for the tyre the other end had an attachment with a spark plug thread. You removed a plug and screwed in the pipe. Running your engine inflated the tyre with an. Air/petrol mix. I don’t know what effect it had on inner tubes but then petrol did not have ethanol in it.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I have an emergency tyre inflation kit under the seat. It uses little CO² gas bottles with an adaptor for the tyre valve. All you do is screw the adapter onto the valve and then screw the gas bottle on until the seal is punctured - the contents then go into the tube. A couple of bottles should inflate an A7 tyre. I used to use them years ago when trials riding. Older boxer BMW bikes used to have such a kit in the tool box. Available on the Bay of E.
BMX tyres run at about 80psi, so any cyclist nicking air out of your car tyre will be very disappointed and their tyre will still be pretty flat after scavenging your 30 psi. I doubt the volume of a BMX tyre would reduce the car tyre's pressure by very much before they equalised, although anybody daft enough to spend 8 quid on this gizmo would probably manage to flatten both tyres before pushing their bike home.
Not when I used to ride them they didn't. I'd have them at 35psi maximum. Same with mountain bikes.
I have an emergency tyre inflation kit under the seat. It uses little CO² gas bottles with an adaptor for the tyre valve. All you do is screw the adapter onto the valve and then screw the gas bottle on until the seal is punctured - the contents then go into the tube. A couple of bottles should inflate an A7 tyre. I used to use them years ago when trials riding. Older boxer BMW bikes used to have such a kit in the tool box. Available on the Bay of E.

+1
Hi All

I use one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oasser-Inflator...175&sr=8-5

It was suggested on a thread I started on this very forum (search tyre pumps). So far it’s been very useful as my modern has developed a slow leak on one of the rear tyres.  I have used it on Seven tyres Big Grin .  The battery seems to last quite a long time.

Cheers

Howard