The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Super charged Austin seven
Did anyone else catch the TV programme last night ,  Quest Channel , 9pm to 10pm , " What's In The Barn"

Although the prog . was about a motorcycle museum in USA , there were several shots of a green Austin Seven with discs on the wheels and Supercharged or something similar on the flanks . The owner was a well known race driver in the dim and distant past . It is an awesome machine , or at least I think so .
I am a bit vague on the details , but don't know how to view the prog on catchup .

Merv  Smile Smile
Though I haven't seen the programme, I think the car is this one, from the 'wheels through time' museum.

I'm afraid I don't have much information on the car. Seems to be loosely based on the first 'Rubber Duck' #XA1010 When in 'Flying Canary' or 'Yellow Canary' form.

Here are some pictures from the 'still time collection' website, taken at Brooklands, 8th August 1931, when Leon Cushman took class records. See Austin Harris' site for more detail and pictures HERE

.jpg   1931-08-08 'Flying Canary' Leon Cushman Brooklands Record Breaking 1.jpg (Size: 74.84 KB / Downloads: 538)

.jpg   1931-08-08 'Flying Canary' Leon Cushman Brooklands Record Breaking 3.jpg (Size: 58.28 KB / Downloads: 530)

.jpg   1931-08-08 'Flying Canary' Leon Cushman Brooklands Record Breaking 4.jpg (Size: 51.28 KB / Downloads: 529)

.jpg   1931-08-08 'Flying Canary' Leon Cushman Brooklands Record Breaking 6.jpg (Size: 65.34 KB / Downloads: 531)

.jpg   1931-08-08 'Flying Canary' Leon Cushman Brooklands Record Breaking 2.jpg (Size: 40.14 KB / Downloads: 530)

.jpg   1931-08-08 'Flying Canary' Leon Cushman Brooklands Record Breaking 5.jpg (Size: 78.83 KB / Downloads: 530)

Now to look up the programme.
Quest "On Demand" link:-

http://www.questtv.co.uk/what-in-the-barn/
Yep , Timothy , that's the one !!

Don't know if there was more than this in the programme, would be nice to see it run.
Timothy , the logo on the side of the car in the first black and white photo is very similar to what became the British Railways logo after nationalisation of the Railways .

Merv
Merv, the logo is the watermark added by the stilltime collection, so that the image can't be used commercially without permission. Website HERE
Certainly looks like that is where they got their inspiration for their logo from though.
The Campbell speed record car was reputed to have remained in the states and vanished, some years ago I heard a rumour that its remains were contained in this car, I somehow doubt that but one never knows, I am unable to play the video here in NZ something to do with the host, were there any shots of the engine and workings? I anticipated we will just see modified touring components but curious to know!
Black Art Enthusiast
(11-08-2017, 09:44 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: The Campbell speed record car was reputed to have remained in the states and vanished, some years ago I heard a rumour that its remains were contained in this car, I somehow doubt that but one never knows, I am unable to play the video here in NZ something to do with the host, were there any shots of the engine and workings? I anticipated we will just see modified touring components but curious to know!

I've wanted to visit the wheels through time museum for the last 3 trips to Hershey. But its a bit to far south. The motorcycle collection is something else. I have other plans out there this year. But the plan is to visit next year.

I'll get you all some pics in 15 months.

IAN, there is only a short clip with the bonnet open, it doesn't look out of the ordinary to me.

Was looking forward to this first series, but it's turned out to be a bit wooden top for me.

Tony.
You see the head briefly, appears to be standard pre '37, with pear shaped water take off. Not enough else on show really. 
An interesting rumour, is it possible it was from Stuart Ulphs post at the bottom of THIS thread from the old forum. (Reffering to Graham Harris' Flickr Link). Seems highly implausible to me, the green car is always stated as being '35 or '36, and would have thought if anyone had an idea that parts were from the Campbell car it would have been rebuilt a a replica of that. That said strange things do happen. David Howe states in that thread, that the Campbell car was being hill climbed in the USA into the mid 40's, but nothing know after. Has anyone ever attempted a replica of it? Maybe since the success of the Bruce McLaren special, you and Jos could give it a go.  Big Grin