The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNE 344 History
Hi, Looking for the history of my 1937 Mk2 Ruby DNE 344
Been through DVLA , Manchester Archives etc, with limited results. The car was in the Abergavenny / Gilwern area from 1983 until 2000 with two keepers 6/1983 to 4/1997 and 4/1997 to 1/2000.  I have history since that date, but am looking for information on the Abergavenny keepers and any location/keepers before that date, as the Manchester archive has been scrapped.
Is there anybody out there who remembers the car please?
Graham D.    
I will ask around in search of someone who remembers or recognises the car, which at first glance I do not. If you don’t want to put the previous owner’s name on the forum perhaps you could message it to me. Does a distinguished forumists a few miles to the Wet  along the Mon & Brec recognise the machine?
Thank goodness it retains its original registration number, that means we are in with a chance...I shall ransack my box full of old photographs.
Thanks for the reply - I only have Keeper's details after the car left Abergavenny in 2000 and moved to Smethwick where it was kept in store most of the time ang trailered to the local garage once a year for a service. The garage remembers the car as the owne required an MOT atthough it didn't need one. After that it passed through a series of "dealers" before my purchase in a complete but non-roadworthy condition.Any information you find pre 2000 will be much appreciated.
Steve, could you be referring to me??
I can't say as I have any recollection of this car and it's not listed in any of the few local static rally catalogues that I have.
A quick phone call to another Gilwern enthusiast (JF) has failed to come up with anything.
It's possible that the previous Gilwern/Abergavenny owner(s) are familiar, any names or addresses could be useful.
The DVLA have the names & addresses of the two Abergavenny Keepers but will not give them to me because of the Data Protection Act. They have however supplied a copy of the V55/5 registration form, but with the names etc. blanked out apart from the town.
It is possible (a guess on my part) that Keeper1 did an engine replacement and a re-spray as he noted these on the V55/5 when he registered the car at the DVLA. He also stated that previous keeper(s) were not known to him, so is (again I guess) not the original keeper.
Have you contacted the South Wales Austin 7 Club? They may know who the cars previous owners were.

http://southwalesaustinsevenclub.com
Yes - Have contacted the SWA7C, and they have nothing on file about the car