The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost of an engine rebuild to obtain more power unsupercharged
Hi peter.

The blocks have the same as you got from quarry.

I had Steve flake do the machineing etc at a cost of £300 each.

Please please please note, anyone going to Steve for a block to be done. If he quote you more money. Do remember my deal with him is for SIX at a time, plus future business. ALSO ALSO ALSO if you take him your block and it's found to be cracked he should charge you for the work done up to that point.

I'd like to point this out, as there are plenty of PRATTS out there who don't understand what they are being charged for.

And Before anyone ask about the difference in price from what quarry charged,to what I'm charging. When quarry sold there recond blocks, they never made anything from the parts that were bought in from sorce by the 1000 they only added there labour.

As a trader, I have to make a profit from the parts. (Wich are all paid for in advance).

For this batch all the running around and derv has been thrown in for free. don't complain when the price goes up. I recon a realistic price for a reconditioned block with all the parts should be £1,000

Disclaimer, as the owner of 7 county Austins. I hold the right to say "tuff luck" to those to slow to realise a bargain Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cost of an engine rebuild to obtain more power unsupercharged - by Tony Betts - 02-01-2018, 06:54 PM