The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family car - my father’s first Seven...
(02-01-2018, 07:23 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 07:05 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: My father tells me that he swapped the early headlamps fitted to the car when he bought it for the correct R47s with Mike Costigan!

The car apparently had a rear petrol tank, three bearing engine, four speed box and a wooden floor when he bought it...

Who? Never heard of him! That must have been for one of my madder schemes ...

Anyway, back to RR's RP; Bakewell area, late 1970s and divorce - I think I may know who that was. I'm not so sure about the Seven/Land Rover/Rolls Royce connection, maybe that occured later? I cannot recall any Sevens with number-before-letter registrations at that time. I'll make some inquiries and report back.

Thanks Mike. The LVLO as it was at the time were very reticent on information so the information prior to Mr Cawthorne is at best anecdotal. Particular details of the car would jog someone's memory though, I hope. Look forward to any information you can drag up. You can contact me by e-mail top prevent clogging up the thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family car - my father’s first Seven... - by Reckless Rat - 02-01-2018, 07:57 PM