The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family car - my father’s first Seven...
Keep it as it is and continue to use it Ruairidh. I don't particularly like cars that are so over-restored that their owners cart them about in a horse box or similar and spend all day at shows waving a nenette over them. OK if that floats your boat, whatever but I prefer to see a car with a bit of patina that gets used for what it was intended.

Sadly I haven't any history of my car prior to approx 1978 - it was at that time owned by someone in the Bakewell area but I have no documentation to substantiate it. I think it's original number is on a Roller somewhere. Since I acquired it in the early 1980s it has been in regular, but not quite every day use, and I'm certainly not one for molly-coddling it. (annual outings in the snow can testify to that)

It's nice to see cars that have a long family history, and you can't beat some decent provenance if you're selling but what's more important is that they are still running and being used!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family car - my father’s first Seven... - by Reckless Rat - 02-01-2018, 04:12 PM