The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Steering worm gear
(10-11-2021, 10:31 PM)Tony Press Wrote: Very interesting - do the major oil companies approve the additive ?
They are driven by commercial interest....money.

(10-11-2021, 11:10 PM)Alan Wrote: The term “snake oil” comes to mind.
I would not think such international independent organisations as the USA government, SINTEF and MIRA would be taken in by such a fake having tested it under their well known high standards of laboratory tests.  However if anyone has actual test figures that prove otherwise I am sure they would be interested to know.

United States Patent 4844825 can be searched and gives interesting information.

I have been using it in my 3lit Scimitar engine, gearbox, axle and power steering for 37,677 miles (mileometer now on 103,192) and reaping the benefits of the savings in fuel alone ( up from around 23/24 mpg to around 27/28 mpg due to lower friction).
Also use in Skoda Yeti 1.2 petrol and increase from around 38/39 mpg to 41/42 mpg and often up to 46/47 mpg.
It will be going in my Nippy special when I get it back on road after its rather extended rebuild period.

Dennis
Quote:
Very interesting - do the major oil companies approve the additive ?
They are driven by commercial interest....money.

And of course AFMT (anti Friction Metal Treatment) PROLONG Silverline  do it for free  Big Grin Big Grin
Not for free but the INDEPENDENT organisations quoted have a highly trusted reputation to maintain whilst the major oil companies have a commercial interest (money) to maintain.... why should they approve. As I say if laboratory proven figures can be produced to show the AFMT is not as good as shown by the independent organisations then please send such proof to those organisations otherwise accept their findings.

Dennis
Is this a recognised method of improving matters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tAzSBWVnRU
Yes, I’ve used the same technique in the past, where the gear has already been turned to compensate for wear in the straight ahead position and it worked well.