The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
eBay becomes even less seller friendly
Ever since Ebay sold Paypal a few years ago a divorce was going to happen, so the move was predictable. Banking standards and acceptance have allowed a "direct" mechanism to work, taking merchant fees etc out of the equation, so Ebay going direct to your bank account seems logical. That saves them about 0.75% over charging to a card, which on Ebay's turnover is worthwhile.
Marketplaces like Amazon charge 5-20%+ based on category (emergent pay less, dominant categories more) so Ebay is only working around the market average, and as Hedd says, it has reach and clout that others don't have.
If you want an alternative, support one (like this page) but as those of us who use Facebook know, there's a lot of people there, multiple groups, and it's free (currently). But people do ask stupidly repetitive questions, which irritates me (as may have been noticed)

Charles
its not the repetative questions that annoy me, its the morons who clearly dont know what they are talking about offering authoritative (but wrong) answers
dont worry hedd, they dont just limit themselves to face book. "pitty"

a little wile back i had a customer that called on the phone at 5.30pm on a friday asking for a couple of smalls for his car.

but he wasnt interested unless i could garantee next day delivery (saterday) so he could work on his car over the weekend.

when i explained. the last post had gone. and the post office only classes week days as next day delivery anyway. so i couldnt give garantees.

he got stroppy and seggested if i didnt want the business he would take it elsewere.

happily thats what he done.

were he took his business at 5.30pm friday. and if he got his parcel next day "saterday". so he could work on his car. i dont know.

but hopefully today, he is the king of facebook, (were he belongs) Big Grin
(21-06-2021, 08:23 AM)Charles P Wrote: Ever since Ebay sold Paypal a few years ago a divorce was going to happen, so the move was predictable. Banking standards and acceptance have allowed a "direct" mechanism to work, taking merchant fees etc out of the equation, so Ebay going direct to your bank account seems logical. That saves them about 0.75% over charging to a card, which on Ebay's turnover is worthwhile.
Marketplaces like Amazon charge 5-20%+ based on category (emergent pay less, dominant categories more) so Ebay is only working around the market average, and as Hedd says, it has reach and clout that others don't have.
If you want an alternative, support one (like this page) but as those of us who use Facebook know, there's a lot of people there, multiple groups, and it's free (currently). But people do ask stupidly repetitive questions, which irritates me (as may have been noticed)

Charles

(21-06-2021, 09:21 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: dont worry hedd, they dont just limit themselves to face book. "pitty"

a little wile back i had a customer that called on the phone at 5.30pm on a friday asking for a couple of smalls for his car.

but he wasnt interested unless i could garantee next day delivery (saterday) so he could work on his car over the weekend.

when i explained. the last post had gone. and the post office only classes week days as next day delivery anyway. so i couldnt give garantees.

he got stroppy and seggested if i didnt want the business he would take it elsewere.

happily thats what he done.

were he took his business at 5.30pm friday. and if he got his parcel next day "saterday". so he could work on his car. i dont know.

but hopefully today, he is the king of facebook, (were he belongs) Big Grin
Odd, isn't it Tony. I'm really patient and always more than willing to help, but sometimes a customer comes across on the phone as being "trouble in store". I can't put my finger on it, but every time I've had that feeling - and then shipped whatever it was they wanted - I've invariably been right! Facebook? That really does sometimes try the patience of a saint.
Tony,

Thankfully we have alot of good customers in the seven world, but it's those idiots that stick in the memory for all the wrong reasons.
(21-06-2021, 07:53 PM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: its not the repetative questions that annoy me, its the morons who clearly dont know what they are talking about offering authoritative (but wrong) answers

Those as well
Reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYiDcnrM0Mo