The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milk Delivery A7
A rare one!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154481104288?...SwMexgug9z

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A shame it's lost its original registration number; previously HN 8700 as featured in the Identifying Austin Sevens booklet.
So it looks like it HAS been taken off for sale then? Exceptionally irritating for such a rare variant. With so many classic and vintage imports back to UK (where are they all going to go?!) and continued registration theft, original plates are going to become far more interesting over time as we get further assaulted with BFs and UXS's....
Without its original registration number, I think I’ll give it a miss...shame it’s a very special car...
Although I quite understand your view on lost registration numbers Ivor, indeed share them myself, in the case of a car where there are only 6 examples known to survive, then isn't that one time when the loss could be overlooked? After all, when you are driving it, you can't see the number plates...

Not chiding, to be clear...
i agree with hugh,

same as ivor, im discusted when original numbers are removed for profit.

in most casses we want the original number so the cars history can be tracked.

at least with this car, the original number is known. so the history can be traced.

you can always put a plaque on top of the reg plates, stating its original number. and that it was robbed by the previous owner who valued money more than motoring history.

and if you want to show it, make clip number plates with the original reg on. so they can be easily removed when leaving a show.

so if i wanted it, the theft of the reg wouldnt stop me buying it.

tony
It wouldn't stop me buying it either, but it would certainly influence the amount I would be prepared to pay.
Hugh, Tony and Mike, I understand where you are coming from, but I would always be driving it with a sense of disappointment, I see an age related number and immediately assume it’s a fake, but as you say the original number is known, which is a good thing.

I watch period dramas and see a twenties or thirties car with a BF or SA number and I can’t help cringing, just a little bit!

I can’t really complain I suppose, because my Chummy had an age related number and my Velocette motor cycle has an age related number...thankfully my box saloon still has its original number and that has been made non-transferable.
How did you make your Box Saloon number non-transferable? That is something that I have been trying to sort out for ages, but have drawn a blank every time...
if the formal history (contract) was lost from the computer but you get manage to claw the plate back through proof, it becomes non-transferable.