The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spare ignition module (Accuspark)
I've searched the earlier posts but with no success, but 2 or 3 years ago one of our contributors recommended carrying a spare electronic ignition module for use with the Accuspark distributor which was relatively cheap and, if memory serves, was one listed for a Landrover. I know I jotted down the details but now I can't find where. I searched online and came up with ETC5835K (£18.66 + VAT), but I can't tell if this is the one.

Accuspark supply Kit 39 (DKH4A distributor with negative earth) for about £45, but the contributor wrote you could get just the module for about half the price.

Does this stir any memories, and if so, would anybody have the details? All information gratefully received.

At the moment, the original distributor is stored beneath the front seat; a replacement module would free up valuable space (just planning ahead for 2022).
About a year ago I had a mishap with one of their distributors (don’t ask). Anyway, I rang them and not only did they sell me a replacement I got a discount. I’d try ringing them.
Alan Fairless
It was my friend Alister that posted about the spare trigger unit - he discovered however that it required quite a bit of modifying to work correctly with the Accuspark base plate.

He concluded that it may have been easier to have simply bought a spare from Accuspark.
Have used Powerspark (Bromsgrove) to very good effect with my DK4A — about £40 plus a bit more for the red rotor arm.
Just an alternative .........
Thanks Alan, Ruairidh and Charles. 

It must have been your post I remembered Ruairidh. 

Since I was only considering carrying a spare, just in case, faffing about would not be an option by the roadside, so I might just invest in Accuspark's kit. I used one before when they sent me  a replacement FOC, so easy to swap around, but coming from Yorkshire I was trying to shave off some expense.
For future reference, the units I supply come with a complete spare baseplate.
Gents

I have distributor issues and am interested in going down the Accuspark route, what is the best source? I note the units on E Bay but prices appear to vary with listing. A number of posts mention a club discount code, but is this still available?

Ruairidh - do I read your previous correctly, can you supply with a spare baseplate/module to carry as a spare, if so what’s the “Damage”!
I can supply you with a complete unit and spare baseplate - email me on dunford1@aol.com for further details.
For anyone considering going down the Accuspark Distributor route, I just acquired one courtesy of Ruairidh along with a spare baseplate for emergencies and All I can say is I am well pleased. 

My 36 tourer had been fitted with a Bosch 009 unit (although I doubt it came from Germany) about 13 years ago was now exhibiting much wear and had been causing trouble for some time, initial results are a transformation, with much smoother idle, acceleration and general running. Fingers crossed for the longer term, but initially it’s a big thumbs up! ?