The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can anyone identify?

.jpg   austin?.jpg (Size: 107.41 KB / Downloads: 902)
.jpg   austin?.jpg (Size: 107.41 KB / Downloads: 902) Hi, I was out walking today and I found this in a hedge.  It looks like Austin 7 to me, SU carb, Alloy head.  Can anyone confirm?  Worth saving? Thanks

Adam
More likely Big Seven or ?SV reliant. The distributor position is wrong for an earlier Austin Seven (assuming all the bits are roughly in the right place).
Interesting find though.
Bob
Wouldn't it more likely be Austin 10 with the DJ dizzie vertically mounted through the head??
It won't be going far anyway-someone's pinched the rotor arm! The SU carb would be worth salveging.......
I did wonder about Reliant, but the gearbox is all wrong - and like an old 7 we had.  Alloy head, iron block though - or so it is as far as I can see.  I need to have another look with no nagging co-walkers! Cheers!

Yes indeed - they are difficult to find these days - Cheers!

I will check that out - thanks !
From what I can see - there's far too much ivy around ! - it looks very much like a 1939 - 1948 Morris 8 Series E cast iron block fitted with a not so common aftermarket alloy head. The vertical water outlet pipe, distributor type / position, SU H1 1.1/8" carb and Lucas C45 dynamo are all correct for a Morris 8 Series E engine. The gearbox will be a steel casting not alloy and four speed. It looks as if there's more stuff hidden in the undergrowth - take a large scythe with you !
Oh heck! You might find the driver there as well - take some water and Elastoplast with you.
Hee hee hee! Yes! !

Thanks, yes I'm thinking Morris 8 now - thanks !

Thanks, yes I'm thinking Morris 8 now - thanks !
The only basic side valve car I know which had an alloy head as as standard was The Standard Nine and the subsequent Eight. I do not remember the engine layout, but I think they did not use SU carburettors, so my suggestion may be a red herring.
Thanks, I'll look into that 

A