The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 query
[attachment=13320].    Just wondering which model?
RP Saloon?

Just checked the DVLA website, which shows the car as having been registered in October 1932, so might be an RN. Apparently currently SORN'd.
Looking at the scuttle I think it's an RN fitted with the later RP windscreen and radiator cap.
Could it be one of the ‘change over’ cars with rear tank and four speed box but still with the RN body style? The modified cars were introduced in October ‘32.
And the chrome radiator cap came in September 1932.
It doesn’t appear to have a sliding roof and has black headlamps. Might it be a standard saloon? Did the factory do standard RN saloons?
Yes I think so because my neighbour has a RN with no apparent sun roof.
If it is a standard model the screen frame would be black originally, but being steel they often rusted to destruction, so it was probably changed, as I think the registration has been.
It is an RN, but with an RP windscreen and (I think) an RP nearside door. It does have a sunroof (just visible), but on the RN this was recessed into the roof, giving a cleaner line than on later cars. I asked Dave Mann about fixed-head RNs recently and apparently they did exist, although this isn't one of them.

"OSL" was an early "age related" plate. I think that the series was being issued in the 'seventies or early 'eighties.
[attachment=13324].  Here’s another picture.
Not sure there’s a sunroof !