The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dip stick
Since a rebore in 2019 the engine in my RP is running well and is settling in nicely, having now covered over 3000 miles. Oil consumption is pretty minimal, with the level currently about 5mm below the full mark 450 miles since the last change.

Can someone give me an idea as to where, relevant to the full mark, a half pint and a pint measure might fall please. Coil engine.

Cheers
B
if the train from London to Brighton is travelling at 50 MPH, and the wind is blowing from the South at 20 miles an hour, which direction will the smoke go and at what speed will it be at relative to the ground?

At the time, the correct answer was that all London Brighton trains were electric and the there was no smoke.
My dimming brain tells me that 5mm will be about 1/2 pint to get back to the full mark. Where do you buy oil in pints in France?
That Bob46320 is a bright spark with his electric trains.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
He's bored because it's raining.

I buy it in litres but I have a dual-nationality measuring jug...
The internal dimensions of the sump give an area of (10" x 5") + (2" x 6.5") = 63 sq in.

One imperial pint is 35 cu in.

Therefore 1 pint of oil might be expected to raise the level about (35/63)" =  9/16" = 14mm on the dip stick.
Thank you Colin. That's very helpful.
Colin, is that above or below the meniscus. I am bored also!
Finally...

Should the dip stick go right down until it touches the sump?
Yes; what other reference do you have?