The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunkirk
No Steve, different cars - one has had the doors removed, the other has the hood and side-screens in place. It looks like all four are APD Military tourers (long-chassis APDs with scuttle tanks and other unique features). They were widely used by the Army at that time; my grandfather, who was at Dunkirk, related how there were rows of them parked by the roadside leading into Dunkirk. They had all been immobilised by running the engines without oil, and the petrol tanks had been punctured.
(14-02-2021, 10:33 AM)Renaud Wrote: After the war the french state auctions sold what was left of belligerent vehicles. My father bought this Zündapp KS600 incomplete and non running. I played on it, static, when young. I wanted to restore it during all my adult life to find at least the time to do it when retired recently.

[Image: dsc_9910.jpg]
I thought you had less time when retired.very nicely restored bike.BMW inspired ?
Ha ha! I never had enough time for all I wanted to do. This has only slightly increased since retirement!
The renovation is all mine apart from chroming. The bike was built in 1939.
This bike is not BMW inspired. The two firms started making bikes concurently since 1922.