The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My grandads Austin 7 Cambridge - where is it?
To add to this, the earlier observation that the Cambridge “Hopeful Harriett” HH 6558 was listed by DVLA as green, is indeed correct. I resprayed her BLMC Light BRG, as the  Ford Aubergine colour was not to my liking. I rebuilt the engine many time, too much right foot shenanigans. The last time I did a “proper job” including rebore and pistons, high liftcam, flowed head and ports, had TIK Engineering in Fareham remetal the rods, reground the crank, fitted a deep fin Cambridge head, bored out the oil pump and installed a second pair of lubricating jets opposite the original fitments. She then ran an oil pressure of 16 psi hot and had loads of lubrication with the spit and hope arrangement. In my workshop is an original pressure fed crank and bottom end awaiting attention! I’m getting the itch to start on her soon. She deserves more miles on the clock before we lose the use of petrol or my time on earth ends. Mind you im 6 foot 2 and it was always a squeeze. The pedals so close together I used to drive barefoot. Not good on wet days.
Hello Geoff12bikes
Interested in TIK engineering. How long ago did they re-metal your rods. Were they reasonable price.
Many thanks.
Adrian.
(12-11-2020, 07:49 PM)Greig Smith Wrote: I rotated the picture for you

Aye
Greig

Hi Geoff, 

That’s a very nice Cambridge you have there and it’s good to hear you are going to do a ‘’light restoration’’
I had one in the sixties ( my first car) and had a lot of fun with it.
I’m now going to stick my neck out a bit and suggest you find ( difficult) or get fabricated (expensive) some Cambridge Engineering pattern wings, beautifully swept and elegant against this body.
The car looks super as it is so please don’t be offended!!

Charles
its worth noting that 'Youngseven' has not been online here since Nov 2021.

Perhaps one of the moderators could inform him via e-mail about the update to the thread?
Sending him a PM will alert him...
I'm less sure of that. I always switch the e-mail alert of a PM off. Same goes with respect to e-mail alert of new activity on a thread etc.
(20-06-2022, 11:08 AM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: I'm less sure of that. I always switch the e-mail alert of a PM off. Same goes with respect to e-mail alert of new activity on a thread etc.

Why? Some security issue? With the alerts switched off one has to remember to check Private Messages. Now, what was I doing before I decided to go downstairs for something I'd forgotten to do yesterday? Or was it the day before?
No, for piece and quiet.

When I come onto the forum I can see if I have a PM and therefore know its there to be read or not. I don't need an e-mail reminder. I have a wife if I want to be nagged (not that she does).

Same goes for messages on Facebook messenger or Watsapp. When I choose to use the app I can see if there is any for me. I'm forever messaging friends etc, so its not as if I go days without looking.

As for getting an email when there are new posts on a thread, hell, I'd get hundreds of emails a day with the various forums I frequent!. No thanks

I don't think this is an unusual way of doing things. Pretty common I'd say.
Me too, Hedd
Alan Fairless
As a bit of a newbie around here, I've never had a PM! I've just checked my settings and email notifications were off, so I'm guessing that may be the default.