The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - December
(01-12-2017, 08:49 PM)Mike Costigan Wrote: So we are agreed the hood is in the process of fitting, then! The 'longitudinal spars' are just tapes to tension the frame, and it's not unusual for them to be less than carefully aligned! The Austin badge reads correctly - you can just make out the leg of the A next to the shell - but it is certainly in an unusual position. I don't think it's an Arrow; the first Arrows were built on cars with the larger 1929-style radiator, and I have never seen a photo of an Arrow Foursome with that high line of door-top, and although the Arrow did have a very long bonnet, there was still some scuttle between it and the windscreen and leading edge of the door.

Keep the guesses coming!

The front wings do look like Arrow.  If you blow the page up and look at the front right hand wing, there appears to be daylight between the wing valance and the bonnet side?  Arrows had this unusual feature.  The door tops also look a bit Arrowish.   Rest of it doesn't.
I recall seeing a photo (possibly on here?) of a period crash and the car was an Austin 7 Arrow.  I think this could be the same car, having been rebuilt using parts salvaged from the wreck. Unfortunately whoever rebuilt it did not have a photo of it before the accident!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - December - by Malcolm Parker - 01-12-2017, 09:48 PM