Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyres 3.50 x 19
Dear all,

I'm just starting the restoration of my Feb 1927 Chummy. It's in a bit of a state but is fairly intact including owning it's original body.
Would anyone have four used 3.50x 19 tyres for sale/ MOT failures/ old etc that I could use to roll her around on lurking around in the back of their shed please ?? The tyres on her are absolutely shot and past redemption and totally uninflatable......
Any suggestions would be terrific...
Thank you

Best wishes to all
James (Miers)
London
Jatmiers@yahoo.co.uk
Hi James
I have one well worn tyre which was going to France on my next trip (you can scrap them for free over there). You are more than welcome to it. I live just north of Cambridge, but occasionally get to the London area, or might get a friend to take it there. PM me to make arrangements.
I've got a shot one too in Sussex, ready for that purpose if someone like you wants it free. But if you put new tubes in yours wont they be fine for that purpose?? Or I have two 17" wheels with tyres on, reasonably cheaply.
Why bother with tyres? If all you want to do is push it around the workshop, four scrap wheels of the same diameter should be adequate.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Hello Robert,
Thank you for your reply.
And thank you for your kind offer.
I think, without travelling around the whole country to collect worn out tyres, the best thin to do is to try to get hold of four from one place.
But thank you again. I am most appreciative of your response..

Best James

Hello Jon,
Thank you for your reply.
And thank you for your kind offer.
I think, without travelling around the whole country to collect worn out tyres, the best thin to do is to try to get hold of four from one place.
But thank you again. I am most appreciative of your response..

Best James
Hi James

I had the same predicament as you and ended up buying 4 new Mitas H02 tyres off eBay.  I think they were less than £40 each in a 4 tyre deal.  I’ve decided to use them on the finished car until they wear out (which won’t be long by all accounts).

Cheers

Howard
I've just found two more 325 x 19 oldies, but also wondered about whether a pattern MDF disc cut out of board could fulfil that sort of thing? Wouldnt need to be very strong, perfect for workshop floor and would be very cheap to make.
I have a collection of workshop tyres and I can find 4 for you, free of charge but needing to be collected from North Wiltshire (15 mins from M4 J16). Let me know if you are interested. I might also have some slightly used tubes.....
Why not find some 19" motorbike tyres locally front tyres / knobblies anything like that.