The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Night bottom end
U.K. eBay - try search words "Austin jack French" finds it for me
I cannot find the (failing) cover plate but I did find these for your possible interest...

I have at least one other example, which I cannot put my hands on just now.
I have tried Austin Jack French, all I get with that are hand bags, perhaps some secret tuning aid you are not telling the rest of us about! Also searched Austin 7 seven Jack French etc
Black Art Enthusiast
Ian,

it's here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUSTIN-7-1933...4902.l9144
Thanks guys, it was hardly worth the trouble in the end was it, Lol

So IMHO and in answer to the posters question don't waste your money!
Black Art Enthusiast
Thank you for the replies, helps greatly and seems to opened quite a raft of thought!
Thank you again
I've just been answering the same topic on Facebook!
It may be one of my father's camshafts, and he may have advised on its construction and supplied other bit, but it's not one of his Racing Engines. They all were earlier, rear facing starters.
Anyway, Tony has summed it up, it's way overpriced!

To answer Stuart's question, I have no idea how many A7 camshafts he made, but he was doing them for 30 years or so, therefore a few hundred I'd guess. All sorts, Chummy, Ulster, Brooklands, Nippy, and myriad specials.
When I bought my Ruby (CCD 277) back in 1974 the engine had obviously been 'improved' with various tuning bits - high comp head, downdraft carb, four branch exhaust etc,  the details of which have faded from memory over the years. I sold them to someone at Beaulieu in 1975 but ran the engine in standard format until it threw a big end. A few years later a previous owner turned up on my doorstep clutching a handful of head gaskets and other bits and pieces which he gave me, adding that the engine had been the last to be worked on by Bill Williams...
I've still got the crankcase, an early 30s solid mounted one, buried in the workshop and this thread made me wonder whether any records exist of his engines - not that I'm anticipating putting it on Ebay at a suitably inflated price, but being an eternal optimist I might dig it out and see whether it has an interesting camshaft.
Alastair
I for one would be very interested to see pictures of JF's output
Roger, rather than how many camshafts your father ground can you tell us how many different profiles he produced, some specs might make interesting reading. I have examples what he called a Mk1 and a Mk2 which he supplied to me in the 80's but were there other grinds available, The Mk1 is hard chromed and a wilder profile than the Mk2 which is not chromed.
Black Art Enthusiast