The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Options for windscreen seal
I have bought a new seal for my screen from Austin services, however it seems far too thick to allow the windscreen to close, I've heard others having issues with repro windscreen seals, are their any better sources or alternatives?

Thank you!
I purchased one for my 31 RN from the Austin Seven Workshop and it went on fairly easily
Buy an Austin 7 they said, It's easy to work on they said !
What’s the make and model slater? I’ve just done a box saloon RP without any issues...
It's on a big seven, I fitted the seal to the frame and I couldn't get the screen closed, it seems too thick.

Thank you
Hi there.

You're not alone-I fitted the same one from the same source, to my ARR ruby and the screen doesn't completely close.

The pressure point seems to be at the very top of the screen and I have yet to find out what the problem is. Lower priority as the car has a very long way to go before it's back on the road but with 2022 getting nearer I need further galvanising into action I think!
Seven workshop clearly have tried for a 'one size fits all' solution, which considering the wide variation in various body styles/dimensions, it is not surprisng that a few discrepancies may occur, and I will fettle some more!

I think you need to investigate the top hinge area and cut a little away there-do it carefully and it's unlikely to be troublesome.

Good luck!

Cheers

Bob