The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is this, a special?
On eBay but not listed very well, item 164346428483

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=...3&_sacat=0
Hi Douglas

I don’t think it’s a special!  It’s a very desirable coach built from 1933.  I’m sure the Arrow register will confirm its provenance but it looks genuine at a first glance.

Cheers

Howard
This is a genuine car known to the Arrow Register
Black Art Enthusiast
wonder what colour it was originally, with the green interior? Looks remarkably together. Wonder why it lost its lamps.
Pictures from 2004

.jpg   DSCN0473.jpg (Size: 76.61 KB / Downloads: 385)
.jpg   DSCN0464.jpg (Size: 74.62 KB / Downloads: 385)
Black Art Enthusiast
This looks like various other listings that have appeared on ebay recently and not been real? Caveat emptor.
The Austin Arrow Foursome is one of the best looking and practical examples of the art of coachbuilding
Its rare car the more desirable version is the Arrow 65 built on a Type 65 chassis and running gear
The Swallow is the delux posh end of the coach builders art.
This is a 65 sports on a Nippy chassis, there was also a 75 sports on a speedy chassis

Black Art Enthusiast
Dear Douglas, Ian, Howard, JonE, Colin, Dickie65 et al,

This morning Ron Hayhurst brought this car to my attention, for which I am very grateful as I rarely look at eBay or (I apologise in advance) Austin 7 Friends Forum!

My thanks and apologies completed down to what I can tell you about this particular Austin Seven Arrow.

AKM 781 is indeed an LWB Austin Seven, with a Compton Arrow Foursome body, which was first registered in October 1933. There are 17 known survivors of the LWB Arrow Foursome in the world (whereas there are only 6 examples of the SWB Foursome, plus 6 examples of the earlier A7 Arrow Two Seater, 8 of the Arrow Competition 65 and only 3 of the Arrow Competition 75).

The last time that I knew of AKM 781 was in 2006, when it was sold by it's long term owners, who also lived in the Ashford, Kent area and it was in the condition that you can see in the photos above. I have no idea where the the car has been for the last 14 years, but looking at the photos on eBay it seem to have been neglected and suffered, which is a great pity for such a great bit of coachwork.

The Austin factory used to sell Running Chassis to various coachbuilders (such as Swallow, Compton, Boy-Carpenter, Gordon England etc.) in batches, which is proved in the case of AKM 781 by it's chassis number 176716, which is only 3 digits different from my own 1933 Arrow Foursome 176719 (registered in November 1933).

I do hope that AKM 781 does find a good home and if I can be of any help to the new owners they just have to get in touch with me.

Best regards, Jim
JonE had wondered what the original colour was - red.
The previous ownership was from 1961 to 2006.
Cheers
Jim