The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedex motif/badge
We're still searching for an original specimen of the 1959-ish production. Dave Armstrong produced something a few years ago from Ian Clayton's researches, and this is the latest attempt. We know its likely to be 9cm wide (from comparison to the other badge - known - in a bad '60s photo). And we now suspect it was slightly domed. This a heavy duty vinyl but can at least help spread the Speedex word on more cars until we have definitive proof through an object turning up which can be properly reproduced. Make contact if you want some.    
Just to be pedantic, that 9cm would have been 3½"; in Britain we didn't know about centimeters in 1960  Big Grin
Going to send you an inch ruler for Xmas Jon! Smile
I wondered what a “cm” was!
There aren't many things which comfort me about my career but I note with satisfaction that I'm near the end of it now and we still specify components in inch sizes! That is to say "22.2mm", "23.8mm", "25.4mm"...
Here in the colonies we are bilingual when it comes to measurement but in the early 2000's we moved to the USA for a few years - literally the week my daughter (10 then) started school they had the Florida standardized schools tests (FCATS). Of course teachers aren't allowed to help when daughter raised her hand in the math test and asked, "What's a foot?"
Christ, I can see why people desert the forum now! Haven't you all got anything better to do? I was flabbergasted at the recent blatant sexism on the Facebook group, but now the pedants are out in force here!

It's 9cm as that was easier to achieve all the hard work via a modern DTP programme after doing the comparative maths from a bit of forensic photographic analysis. But it's not REALLY relevant to this thread, is it?
Sense of humour required! I'm sure all the previous answers were tongue in cheek - unfortunately the internet does not always convey the subtleties!
I did add a smiley to my comment, Jon; but being pedantic again, you will need to make the badge 89mm, not 90mm, to be accurate  Tongue
Yep, no offence intended, I shall now do my best to find the Speedex badge I have in a drawer somewhere and check the dimensions by way of recompense!