The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dash screws
I understand that the screws securing the dash to the brackets are 3/8ths BSF,  slotted raised countersunk. Does anyone have a source for these?

Erich in Seattle
Is that correct Erich? Sounds too big to me. Perhaps 1/4" BSF as my 29 chummy. Don't take my word for it because I don't really know.
You may be correct that they should be 1/4 BSF, Dave. If that is the case, I can source those. Perhaps others can comment definitively.

Erich in Seattle
I'm sure they are not 3/8".

I get mixed up because Whit and BSF spanners are different sizes for the same bolt .....

Anyhow the screws that hold my dash panel on are slotted, countersunk, raised head and they pass through a 1/4" hole, if that helps.
I believe they are 1/4 bsf raised countersunk .the same as used on c '32 RN transmission tunnel and bell housing  cover.,the captive nuts about 1/2"  dia with a matching countersink.The cover,or dash panel dished into the countersink if that makes sense.
I managed to find some 1/4 Whitworth chromed raised head screws.

Bit garish and wrong thread but no-one knows when they're installed!

I still have the scars from holding the nuts behind the panel and my hand jammed between the scuttle tank and the dash (27 AD)
I tried the blob of grease on a finger, but it was the hottest day of the year.....I was using 1/4 BSW r/csk slotted as in the picture ....and solved the problem with  wing nuts that I could hold in place with Mole grips on the wing!  Some form of captive nut is,of course,  the answer, but not for the stoopid owner trying to be "original".and ening up blooded and compromised anyway!!!
David 
I have found that " Black-tac" is better than grease for holding things. It a bit like blutac but a lot stickier, often used a a sealant under S/S kitchen sinks. I have a lump wrapped in shiny paper which lives in the tool chest. I've even used it to hold panels and brackets in place to get positioning right and you can use it over and again.
Black tack. It sounds useful stuff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Tack-bl...Swd2xXPt7Q
Thanks Duncan. Sounds good stuff.
 Dave