The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LWB dash switch panel wiring - Quick release, or long leads?
I know there have been some good things written about whether to have easily-releasable wires from an additional connector block, or just have long wires so the panel can be flipped out easily. 

Any ardent supporters of either, or good housekeeping tips in this department? 

I realise ammeters probably want to have undisturbed wiring runs, but thinking particularly of PLC switch terminals, which I don't particularly like fiddling with once in!
Making up loom components so have no loom constraints. (Ones in the past always seem too short)
Either way, it's good to have an easily accessible battery isolator before you start. A lot of the wires are live and will short out on the dashboard given half a chance.
I would go for cables which allow you to flop the panel out just enough to get to the terminal screws, speedo cable etc, not so long as hang down like a festoon below the dash. Also don't bind the cables up close to the panel itself thus restricting access to the terminal itself. I know its not original, but if running 6 volt system, include an earth wire from the battery to all lighting units.
Hello Jon, RR. I NEVER work on any car's electricity without first disconnecting the ground side of the battery.
OK, will go for panel flop! And yes, will sort an isolator. I'm going to do all the lighting wiring separately after I have the operational bits in place neatly.
Renaud - presumably if there is a non-Chinese isolator, you are happy not to remove the ground terminal?