The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know of another A7 firing order other than 1.3.4.2. and if so, why?
I know very little about firing orders other than 1-3-4-2 seems to have been the most common among British manufacturers. I think I am right that the firing order of a side-valve Riley 11/40 tourer of 1927 which I owned a few years ago was (from memory)
2-4-1-3, and I believe that for the ubiquitous and very successful Riley 9 was 1-2-4-3. There will be others far better informed than me...
Presumably though it was all at the behest of the engine designer, I can't see that any one would have been smoother than another, at least not in a 'four'.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
3 4 2 1 /  4 2 1 3 /  2 1 3 4 , or make a cam with the order changed around , same result  ??
<p><br></p>
1930s Standards (as made in Coventry) labelled the rearmost cylinder as no 1
1243 used by Ford.
Anticlockwise versus clockwise distributor rotation ?
But 1342 and 1243 are the same engine when you number from the front or from the back.
Indeed, Riley 9 is 1,2,4,3... Which I have to remember when I have my head under a different bonnet...
Presumably there are only these two options - 1,3,4,2 and 1,2,4,3 with our shape of crankshaft? (As the next one that fires has to be 180 degrees out from the last.)
True Renaud. Fire outward or inward whichever direction you number the cyls. Are you in lockdown perchance?
Whatever happened to the traditional questions like Why doesnt my dynamo charge?
I dunno what the factors are. With separate manifold runs to each cyl as moderns the mixture distribution should not be affected.