The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Austin 7 Centenary Event 2022
We have uploaded some images of the Centenary event venue - just to shamelessly whet your appetite.

Check out: https://a7centenary.com/whats-on/the-venue/
Re the no dogs policy perhaps a local camp site might be found that they can go to ! I see from google that there is a campervan and caravan site not far away and may be some more,I can understand the policy and am not a dog lover as such but do know that a lot of members in my club ca7c that travel with there dogs and it would be a big pity if they can't/don't go.
Jeff
Hi. This looks and sounds like a superb event. I certainly intend to drive down and spend a week there.
I'm sure I can speak for most (hopefully all?!) in extending thanks to those who must have spent considerable time and effort in getting things this far and who have, no doubt, still got a huge workload ahead of them in preparing for what looks like an exceptional event.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Best wishes,
Nick
The more I see of the venue and facilities the better it looks!  Compared to the show-ground venues I have been to with another Vintage Car Club the FSC at Moreton knocks them into a cocked hat.
The excellent accommodation and catering facilities should encourage many people to drive their Austin 7's to the event.   I would have taken my tent at a pinch but do prefer a decent bed these days.
There will be some lucky entrant who will turn up in a bit of a heap of an Austin and will go home in a superbly set up car.   With a week long event there will ample opportunity for us to get stuck in to some serious fettling.
Meanwhile still working on the Pytchley.  The replacement fuel tank is nearly ready to fit.  I have fitted safety catches to the suicide doors as I don't fancy them opening at speed on the Fosse Way!
What's a cocked hat?
Tony I shamelessly copy a  description from Google

The phrase [b]to knock into a cocked hat[/b], of American origin, means [b]to outdo or defeat[/b][b]to damage or spoil completely[/b].'

and  referencing the upturned 3 cornered hat

' ,His dress consists of a hat with “no rim nor nothing, “[b]knocked into a cocked hat[/b]” by hard usage, and covered with various kinds of grass-seed, chalk, white-wash, cob-webs and stable litter. '

shamelessly my new word pinched from this very thread
I would not have used the term 'cocked hat' had I realised it was American! (no offence to our USA freinds).
As you know I always like to use Yorkshire phrases when I am posting on the Forum.   Let's just say that the facilities for the Centenary Rally look reet gradely.
Just had a pleasant surprise in the garage.  Looking for a set of clutch linings I came across a NOS set taped together with masking tape.  I must have had them over 30 years, God knows where they came from.  Thinking they may be a bit dodgy, and should I invest in a new set, I removed the tape and found a makers name printed on the inside of each lining, FERODO.  I have decided to use them. They appear to have a brass wire woven into the material.
A lot of American words and expressions followed on from similar expressions in the north of England, so you never know where it started.

Who first called spring onions scallions?
Thanks russell.

I thought for a moment malcolm was using MY spell checker Big Grin

If you watch things like the smithsonian channel, apparently America invented everything Wink

Tony.
I read Hemmings every day Tony and after the feature article in comments, the general view is that all styling cues, mechanical advances etc, have an american origin.  Unless of course the poster is foreign.