The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Austin 7 Centenary Event 2022
I fully understand Nick, dear old Sidney will be staying at home, where no doubt he’ll be asleep all day anyway...
The 'NO DOGS' rule is non-negotiable and we won't be bringing it up again with the Fire Service College. They have been incredibly accommodating & helpful and have only had to say 'no' to a couple of requests. We are so lucky in having found such a good site.

For the main rally on the Saturday it is likely that the cars be split into the various models. We don't have one very large area such as we did at Warwick, so there will be groups of cars dotted around the display areas of the site. This should make it more interesting when you are wandering around discovering the various clusters of cars.
This promises to be a smashing event and holiday with something for everybody.
There is great camping for those that like that.
There is super accommodation on site (premier inn standard) very very inexpensively.
Lovely food lots of fun and lots of booze. Full sized swimming pool. Good security. Great for children.
Seems a week not to miss !!
My two beloved dogs will be staying at home with our lovely dog sitter, they are also looking forward to that.

Hi John

I might be able to find you a driver if your son cannot do it. 
We have a member in our austin seven group who loves them but does not have one and for reasons is unlikely to get one.
If that is of possible interest send me a mail and i will introduce you (he is a very nice chap).
nick@inside-outbranding.com
Obviously much can happen between now and then but would love to attend from the colonies and would love to take advantage of the opportunity to drive - borrow - share one!

seems very exciting
Some details about the type of on-site accommodation that will be available have now been added to the Centenary website:

Accommodation
It's a busy day...

Details of catering arrangements are now on the site:

Catering
[attachment=10835]Looks like being a brilliant week.
I decided early on that I would drive my Austin 7 to the Centenary Rally, for me that is one of the joys of this kind of gathering.  I have a dilemma as to which car to take, generally I would use the RL saloon for a long run with loads of luggage.   My intention is to take the Pytchley as it has more room than the RL and it would be a more interesting entry.  It is a special so will not be entered in the coachbuilt class, I wonder if there will be a 'closed special' class?
The route from Thirsk in North Yorkshire to Moreton in Marsh is being planned.   It will involve the wonderful roads that now run parallel with the A1 Motorway, then taking to the Old Great North Road.  The next section has not yet been decided but will take me onto the Fosse just south west of Leicester.   From there it should be top gear motoring  all the way to Moreton in Marsh!
I was wondering which car, too. A thought that occurred is it’s not a particularly nice driving route from here to there ( Birmingham is in the way) but with a trailer and the M6 I could nip home halfway though the week and fetch another one.
Alan Fairless
As Archivist, I do have one serious plea. I am already well into planning the Archive displays of which there will be 5 rooms of shall we say, memorabilia, and then a further 2 rooms where there will be a display of cars. Organising the displays and laying them out before the event and breaking them down at the end will be a major undertaking and one of great responsibility, given the materials we will be displaying. I am looking for 5 or 6 people to take responsibility for one aspect of the display and, with a team  of say a further 4 or 5 people that they will then recruit, be responsible for the management of one room. Details of exactly how the display is to be laid out and all the relevant 'hardware' necessary will be provided on the day (and the Leaders will be involved in that planning). If you would like perhaps to be involved in this or would like any other information, please drop an email to the Archivist at your convenience. 

Many thanks in advance...

Hugh
Ian Williams not sure if your question has been answered but in my understanding you can drive a small vehicle in the UK on an overseas licence for up to 12 months if suitably insured. https://www.gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence