The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Austin 7 Centenary Event 2022
Well I am planning a 12000 mile trip to attend and hopefully bringing a car with me, not quite sure of the logistics of the latter yet though! Can anyone tell me, and others curious, what restrictions there would be on bringing a car from somewhere like NZ and using it on UK roads?
Black Art Enthusiast
(18-07-2020, 01:19 PM)andrew34ruby Wrote: Will there be any other events around the country? I don't fancy a 400 mile round trip in my seven.

Knaresborough to Moreton-in-Marsh is only c.175 miles, and should take around 5 hours to drive in a well-sorted Ruby. More than half of the route is on the Fosse Way. Seems an ideal prelude to what is shaping up to be a fantastic week!
The Fosse Way is a fantastic road - perfect for Sevens, it will be an excellent adventure.
We are also contemplating a car loan scheme, so that people with more than one car could lend one to a fellow A7 enthusiast, e.g. from abroad. We're still working on the details of this idea (it's not a priority at the moment), but if anyone would like to consider contributing (or borrowing) a car, I am collecting names, etc, so that we can gauge the interest in this. I have 6 cars on my list so far.
Hi ian,

It will be good to see you over here.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans of your work. Wanting a chat.

And if you don't get a long distance award.

I'll give you a medal, just for surviving the flight.

It played hell with me, I was ready to jump and walk the rest of the way after singapore Big Grin

Good luck, tony.
(18-07-2020, 10:21 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: We are also contemplating a car loan scheme, so that people with more than one car could lend one to a fellow A7 enthusiast, e.g. from abroad. We're still working on the details of this idea (it's not a priority at the moment), but if anyone would like to consider contributing (or borrowing) a car, I am collecting names, etc, so that we can gauge the interest in this. I have 6 cars on my list so far.
An excellent idea.
Tony I have made the journey several times, yes I agree its a long one but soon fades from the memory. I am full of hope that we can bring a small contingent of NZ cars over, more of which later, but it may be impractical and if so there could be myself and at least 3 others who would be interested in the loan scheme.
Black Art Enthusiast
(18-07-2020, 10:16 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The Fosse Way is a fantastic road - perfect for Sevens, it will be an excellent adventure.

I would take slight issue with Ruairidh in as much the stretch between Lincoln and Leicester, 52 miles or so, is a fast, dual carraigeway - motorway like. I agree though, south of Leicester the A46 is a lovely road. It used to be even more so before we lost the many elms bordering the road to Dutch Elm Disease.
I would love to attend but don’t know if my driver (son) can spare the time from work as it would use up quite a few days of his annual leave something he likes to enjoy with his family. When at the venue will the cars be split into the various models or will they be grouped into club areas. Whatever it is I think it will be a cracking event. Big thank you to the organisers.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi ian,

If you can't get the cars over, let me know. You can take on of mine out.

Or if you have a number of cars coming over, try a company I use regular. Int'l cargo. An English man based in the USA. He also ships to and from NZ and australia.

Tony.